Directory

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Response to Shaw

Shaw made some very interesting points on the issue of how a motion videos play out within a timeline.  It is understandable that it is hard to follow a sequence that does not allow the viewer to digest information within an appropriate time. I feel Shaw thinks that appropriating pauses, gaps in time, breaks in noise, etc. help the viewer digest what the video is communicating. However Shaw makes it seem that it is necessary for a video, as if it should be common law. Now first off I understand this idea, however I am not closed off to the idea that allowing a video to keep a pace or over pace may be presenting a whole new set of ideas and it creates different feelings and sometimes that is appropriate. Something that demands you to pay attention sort of instills like a sense of "call for action" something that will turn heads if the world goes to this pause based motion. I think pauses could be formulated in ways that are not necessarily stopping all that is being seen. idk i would like to see some exploration or myself testing these limits as a side note for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment