Directory

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stein Time

While reading Steins work in Tender Buttons I found some sort of connection between her poems, even though they are very obscure they has some factor that ties them together. So my plans for my anthology is to pick peculiar poems that almost tell a story as does her poems. With a little twists in the read like Stein performs in her own work. My want for the book is to connect the titles together to form a linear poem along with the compositions that will portray her poems. 

Something i want to explore is the size horizontally to translate the linear manner of reading of my Anthology. 




Typeface exploration








The poems that I chose are:
Red Stamp
Red Roses
Red Hat
Red Faces
Rhubarb
Roast Potatoes
Potatoes
Salmon
Chain Boats
Dirt and not Copper
Nothing Elegant

Like I had pointed out the reasoning for the Poems is to make my own Stein poem out of them. Which will create the timeline of the actual anthology. 



No comments:

Post a Comment