Directory

Friday, March 30, 2012

Lester beall


LESTER BEALL///POSTER

There is many things to learn from someone such as Lester Beall. First is how to say a name that you  would think is said "Ball" but really it is pronounced "Be-eel". Cowboy of western design, heading the movement of halftone, bitmap, pre  vector on the computer, but all of his work seemingly is close to what would be modern day computer work.  The work over the last couple weeks has been grueling really pushing concept and the actual formal decisions has been a major factor of the work. I tried to connect to Bealls ideology, persons places or things that really he would find interesting. I have been really pushing myself to try new things, I have not been very open being that i have been really second guessing myself, but i have been exploring my horizons through my work. I feel like i have pushed many relationships of my work. figuring how to make new things work and or how they may fail. 





My examples of really trying to push designs that resemble beall and my own style






Working with the interaction of type and objects such as the chandelier

\

working on using depth in a flat medium


Working on a minimalist sense with a focus on form of how one reads the information, which is something overlooked when looking at Bealls work. In addition focusing on the finer things of vanderslice hall, and i believe that really is what Beall tried to do, or strived to do. Really trying to frame something that i find to really be at the core of beall, plus since the chandelier is something that is abstracted vanderslice, something beall is all about, and it is something that at the same sense represents vanderslice's over all essence. 


final presented to class

No comments:

Post a Comment