Directory

Friday, September 6, 2013

MX: Home away from Home

reading response: community psychology

It was interesting in the breakdown of memberships, I 
think the actual breakdown is going to be a tool I either 
keep with me or memorize because it is so well listed. I 
Think that the way it has the core needs of the member
of a group; boundaries, emotional safety, a sense of
belonging, personal investment, and a common symbol
system (the tougher point to understand) 

So boundaries are good to understand I believe that it
is something sometimes looked over or overstated when
a design is made for a specific group. I know there is a
sweet spot per say that is a balance of recognition and 
accessibility. I think if you recognize the need or prioritize
the needs of the users boundaries can be a beneficial apt
way to hit that sweet spot. 

I think the other points such as personal investment and 
a common symbol system is pretty standard. Just in a
user system you need them to invest time, feel safe to 
use the program, and feel like the program is creating a
need for them to use said program. 

Empowering, shared values & similar search, definitive 
element of a true community, those words can summarize 
the rest of the article. Mainly because the rest feed closely
to the main point of understanding membership. Empower
your member or what do they get out of it that will make
them come back to the program? What values are you 
sharing or have similar that will make the user to return to
using the program produced? What is the definitive element
that is making your program a "true Community" that your
users will feel and possibly make them feel apart of a real
community, not some facade community. What will your
program do to make them feel like they are contributing to
the community. 

home away from home: our own graph


I would like to thank taylor for doing the graph. I know we
spent a lot of time concept building and I believe we found
a topic that has us both really excited. 


No comments:

Post a Comment