Directory

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Indexical Emotions, Tender buttons piece






Gertrude Steins Tender buttons is a collection of poems that are very emotionally coded. Her selection of seemingly random items have deep emotions that she conveys through her language. The Indexical Emotions Anthology is presenting the duality of her work in how she codes her emotion in such a standard indexical way. The original way I went about presenting her work was a simple two sided flip anthology that would express both the indexical and emotional sides. After some feedback and non understanding of the format, I decided to express it in basically the same way but modified. INstead of just one item there would be one for each poem and they would be all accordion bound and each side expresses a certain feeling. then at the end of the experience the base would explain more if one needed help to understand what each side was expressing. In addition the top explains the title and creator, the inside show the index and also explains the piece. My understanding of the the work is purely emotional and I feel that she is trying to express that solely. I hoped that it expressed that clearly.




each one is presenting my emotional interpretation of each poem and on the flip side it shows the indexical version, almost allowing the viewer to come up with their own interpretation.





(problem with the mag plus it didnt work for me whatsoever. either my latex 0S and CS6 would not read the files it made. In addition the Xcode and OS player did not work on my computer.)

My work was just going to be reflective of how i made the fold poem pieces. the work is supposed to be scrolled landscape wise that pulls either left or right and would show the indexical and emotional versions of the type layouts. One shows my interpretation like on the fold the other shows the standard indexical version. 





(when the internet isnt messed up I will post up more pictures)

Thank you, 
Collin P. Mooney




No comments:

Post a Comment