Directory

Friday, October 19, 2012

Vijay Iyer +series


The series of work after the poster

The final part of the folly work was to make a couple more deliverables. We were instructed to make a outdoor board, digital two formats, a brochure cover, and a 15 second short or "save-the-date" video. We also had to format the deliverables in our portfolio, which was easy because I already have a format for everything ;)...

I tried to inform basically the same information from the poster through the other deliverables. To keep consistency. I spent a lot of time working on making both the poster design better and better along with the actual work with the deliverables. I was trying to make updates on things that had been an issue before when talking with Gail from the Folly. Making sure Vijay was clearer and making improvements over all. Along with working on improvements I was doing some major research in how digital boards work, since it was a new experience I tried to really think about how information would be displayed. Being that normal outdoor boards are directly printed and digital board will have color mudding and certain things will be brighter, darker, etc. so it made me think twice about making decisions. However people in my studio did not understand that when projecting certain colors on a "digital" board things like black type will actually be lit up brighter. So explaining things like that became difficult. 

Trying to experiment also was important to me. Being that this is a school based project I should be able to experiment with my "ART" so I tried to incorporate actual video with my imagery in the video, however it did not come out as I had intended, I was proud of it being it was the first time I had ever done any video and introduced it to my work. Even with the negative outlook from my peers and not appreciating it for the exploration, I tried something that was different and with more work it could be even better. 

Over all I have come to a point where I'm realizing that expression in school even though it is a place to experiment that everything is based on it being perfected. I understand the concept of being aware of issues etc. but if it is that strict to not be allowed I don't know if I will have any faith in certain realms of "school". But I did come out with some more skills such as organization, I really gained some major insight in how I want to organize my work. I became more methodical with how I did it and that helped me out.

I was happy with what i came up with. I feel like there is always work that can be edited and I know  I will be make it better over time for portfolio reasonings, but I really am happy with many elements of this second set of deliverables.


Brochure cover


Digital Outdoor board





Portfolio page

 


No comments:

Post a Comment