Directory

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Graphic Designer, why do i want to be one?

        Design and art in general has been apart of my life since I was young. I believe it first started with my Papa who was a VP of Marketing at Lowerance (what used to be the largest GPS company until he retired) and over 30 years of marketing experience both on a graphic and photographic basis, his influences in my life that occurred from a young age and over the time I spent with my grandparents when my mother had Cancer, i believe it had a direct influence on my love for design. When my Mother eventually lived through her cancer she ended up at a Marketing firm where I met some of my good friends who were in the creative department. My friend Tom Piland who is the art director over the firm my mother work for is a good friend who has always been there when I  had questions which has really proved to me how the culture and general society of Graphic artist is very inviting. As i began to get into the car culture i started to feel like they may be lacking in certain elements, one of which was Graphic design, i believe that they have a simple outlook on the idea of design. Tom and i have conversed a plethora of times and I have expressed my want to go into a Magazine firm for cars (my other love) and introduce a better representation of Design for the Automotive world.

My original memories of deciding Graphic design could be a really cool was when i would sit in on graphic designers at my Papa's place of work. I credit him for a lot of my desire for wanting to become a graphic designer, eventually I want to become a Art director, but there isn't a better way to start my journey to that goal than starting as a Graphic Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment